Register | Recover Password

License Information


High Seas Fishing Licenses and other related licenses are issued in accordance with the High Seas Fishing License Regulation 33 of 2014. All licenses are valid for one year from date of issuance and are renewable 30 days prior to expiration. The following are the relevant documents required to be submitted for the obtainment of a license. All relevant license fees can be obtained by contacting our office.

Licenses are issued for the following:

  1. fishing on the high seas;
  2. fishing in the waters or jurisdiction of another State subject to the laws of that State;
  3. for all other activities that are subject to license under Section 15 of the High Seas Fishing Act, 2013

Applications for licenses shall be made through the vessel’s resident agent or legal representative on the relevant Application for License to engage in Fishing or Related Activities

The application shall at a minimum be accompanied by the following documents:

  1. the vessel’s current certificate of registry;
  2. the vessels which are applying for an authorization to operate in the EEZ of another country , a corresponding valid license or permit issued by that State shall be submitted;
  3. power of attorney appointing a nominee or authorized representative;
  4. signed, stamped and notarized declaration from the owner, operator and master declaring no previous involvement in IUU activities and accepting joint liability for any infraction against the Act;
  5. annual operational plan of the vessel;
  6. crew list, where available;
  7. current photo of the vessel displaying its markings and identification in accordance with the regulation for the marking of fishing vessel;
  8. ownership documents as prescribed in below.

Depending of the type of ownership, the following documents will be required.

  1. Individual Owners
  2. name of the bona-fide owner
  3. physical address of the owner and recent (no older than 3 months) proof of address
  • valid national identification card, passport or other similar identification in addition to documentation showing physical address.
  1. Corporate Owners
  2. a copy of the certificate of incorporation and where applicable, certificate of change of name.
  3. a certificate of good standing and a properly authorized mandate of the company to establish the business relationship;
  • a register of members or a list of the names and addresses of the shareholder holding controlling interest in the company;
  1. copies of identification documents of at least two of the directors (if there are more than one) and authorized signatories of the company;
  2. a copy of the memorandum and articles or bylaws of the company;
  3. document which authenticates bona-fide ownership and clearly states permanent physical address of the company.
  4. Partnership/Unincorporated Business
  5. In case of local limited partnership
  • a copy of the certified registration
  • certificate of good standing issued by the registrar of companies
  1. In case of unincorporated business
  • evidence of the identity of a majority of the partners, owners of manager and authorized signatures;
  • a copy of the mandate from the partnership or unincorporated business authorizing the establishment of the business relationship and confirmation of any authorized signatories.


License fees will be charged at the time the application is lodged.